Description: Concours Reproduction Driveshaft
Engine: BOSS 302, 390, 427, 428, 429 S/CJ
Transmission Type: Manual or Automatic
Warranty: 1-year limited
Build time: Please allow 7-10 days
Because not everyone is building a trailered concours show car, we offer this affordable complete driveshaft built with 100% American OE supplied components to fit, perform and look like your original factory installed driveshaft.
Experience + Knowledge = Dead Nuts On Driveshafts
We have built 1000+ concours correct Ford driveshafts for collectors since 2005. During that time we have amassed a library of original survivor driveshafts, original Cougar driveshaft engineering drawings and documentation to reference. We've collaborated with Cougar restoration experts and original owners of low mileage survivor Cougars who have kindly shared their knowledge to help us continuously improve the accuracy of our driveshafts.
Reproduction Driveshaft Features:
- Sized to factory specified length for your application
- High speed balanced with factory rectangular spot welded balance weights
- Correct electro resistance welded blue seam driveshaft tube from OEM supplier
- Reproduction transmission slip yoke with correct color paint code
- Reproduction weld yokes with correct color paint codes
- Reproduction factory zerkless u-joints or OE grease-able u-joints (select before adding to cart)
- Build sheet paint code stripes sloppily applied like the factory did in the same colors, locations and widths (specific to your application)
* Some factory paint codes are not available
- Rust protection oil applied and wrapped in special anti-corrosion paper
- Safely shipped via UPS back to your garage in our proven packaging system
- 1-year limited warranty
Who do we built our concours reproduction driveshafts for?
- For owners who want a driveshaft that's built with all new components to perform perfectly but is concours detailed to the same standards as our top-level concours driveshafts
- For owners that want a driveshaft that looks like the factory installed driveshaft but won't be entering their car in a concours car show where the underneath of the car will be judged for 100% factory original components
Whats different about our reproduction driveshafts and our concours restorations we build for Bob Perkins? Very little really
- Tube yokes have a slightly different shape vs originals and don't have a small Ford logo or engineering numbers cast in them
- Slip yoke is forged with a slightly different shape when compared to originals
- Our reproduction zerkless 1330 series U-joints look exactly the same as production originals but they don't have a tiny faint Ford logo cast in them
Who shouldn't you buy our concours reproduction driveshaft?
- You are entering your car in a concours trailered class and you are looking to minimize point deductions. The concours trailered car show class have judges looking for factory original Ford tube yokes and slip yokes.
- If you want your original driveshaft restored to the very highest concours standard and you have the budget for it we suggest taking a look at our concours driveshaft restoration service
Q: I've modified my engine and it's now producing a little more than 500 HP. Will your driveshaft hold up to this extra power?
A: All our driveshafts now come with .083" driveshaft tubing vs the factory .065" thick tubing. This little extra thickness only adds a small amount of weight but adds a lot of strength. Tire stickiness and high rear axle gear ratios are what make driveshafts fail. Most street-driven BOSS 429s have stock bias ply tires or street radials that will never get enough traction to put any significant load on the driveshaft. Our conservative rule of thumb is this: If your engine is producing over 600 HP at the crank and/or your running drag slicks of any type this driveshaft may not be for you. Contact us if you have any questions.
Q: Are your driveshafts high-speed balanced?
A: Yes, they are high speed balanced with the latest equipment available. We guarantee our driveshafts will perform vibration free or your money back.
Q: How do you protect against rust?
A: Rust can be an issue depending on your climate and on how you use your car. There are only a few options, rust prevention oils, clear coat paints or some of the new specialty products. Click here to see more info on all the options.
Q: I drive my car less than 1000 miles a year. What U-Joint should I choose?
A: We would suggest our reproduction factory zerkless u-joints because they look and perform like the factory originals. They won't need to be serviced for 10+ years even if you average 1000 miles per year. If you plan to put some serious miles on your car, never have the underside judged and want to easily grease your u-joints we would suggest the service u-joints.
Q: I don't have the factory original rear axle pinion yoke in my car. Will your driveshaft fit properly?
A: Yes if your pinion yoke has the same specifications as the factory pinion yoke. If you have a 1967-71 9" rear axle Click here for a picture of an original pinion yoke with measurements so you can verify yours is an original. Contact our friends at 8 & 9 Ford Rears if you need a factory pinion yoke or services. Don't have a pinion yoke with stock specifications? No problem, we'll build you a custom driveshaft.
Q: My car doesn't have its original 9" third member or rear axle, will this driveshaft work for me?
A: Maybe, depending on what was changed. Take a look at these websites to help verify your 9" third member or rear axle is factory original. Metal ID Tag Codes website and the 3rd member axle ID website. If you have your factory rear end or it has the same specifications as an original our driveshaft will fit and function perfectly. If you need help sourcing the factory correct components contact our friends at Ford 8 & 9"Rears for original, aftermarket parts and restoration services. If you elect to keep your rear axle setup even though it's not factory correct or doesn't have the same stock component specifications we can build you a custom driveshaft that looks like a original.
Q: My car doesn't have its original manual transmission will this driveshaft work for me?
A: Probably, depending on what transmission you have. It was most likely swapped out with a transmission that has the same overall length and output shaft spline count so it should work with our driveshaft. Take a look at David Kee's Toploader and tailshaft housing identification webpages to verify your transmission is factory original or has the stock specifications for your car. If you would like to keep the transmission you have even though it's not factory correct or doesn't have stock component specifications we can build you a custom driveshaft. If you've done a 5-speed conversion let us know and we'll shorten this driveshaft so it will fit perfectly.
Q: The transmission slip yoke you show is shorter than my original slip yoke, why?
A: Yes, the new OE supplied service slip yoke has a shorter barrel length compared to the production slip yokes. The spline length stayed exactly the same (5") as the factory original slip yoke so the shorter service slip yoke will fit and perform just like production originals, guaranteed.
Q: Still have questions?
A: Contact us and we'll answer them all.