Description: Custom Reproduction Driveshaft
Transmission Type: Manual or Automatic
Warranty: 1-year limited
Build time: Please allow 7-10 days
Approved for MCA Judged Classes: Concours Driven
Because not everyone is building a trailered concours show car with factory original drivestrains, we offer this affordable complete custom driveshafts built with 100% American OE supplied components to fit, perform and look like your original factory installed driveshaft. Choose the u-joint type then take all measurements A, B and C and fill in the boxes above along with any special instructions and we will build your driveshaft to those exact specifications. Contact us if you have any questions.
Reproduction Driveshaft Features:
- Sized to your cars drivetrain components
- High speed balanced with factory rectangular spot welded balance weights
- Concours correct electro resistance welded blue seam driveshaft tube from OEM supplier
- Reproduction transmission slip yoke with correct color paint code for your application
- Reproduction weld yokes with correct color paint codes for your application
- Reproduction factory zerkless u-joints or OE grease-able u-joints (select before adding to cart)
- Unique build sheet paint code stripes sloppily applied like the factory did in the same colors, locations and widths using our survivor driveshafts as a guide
- Rust protection oil applied and wrapped in special anti-corrosion paper
- Safely shipped via UPS back to your garage in our proven packaging system
- 1-year limited warranty
Who do we built our concours reproduction driveshafts for?
- For owners who want a driveshaft that's compatible with their non-stock or after market drivetrain but is concours detailed to the same standards as our top-level concours driveshafts
- For owners that want a driveshaft that looks like the factory installed driveshaft but won't be entering their car in a concours car show where the underneath of the car will be judged for 100% factory original components
Q: I've modified my engine and it's now producing a little more than 500 HP. Will your driveshaft hold up to this extra power?
A: All our driveshafts now come with .083" driveshaft tubing vs the factory .065" thick tubing. This little extra thickness only adds a small amount of weight but adds a lot of strength. Tire stickiness and high rear axle gear ratios are what make driveshafts fail. Most street-driven BOSS 429s have stock bias ply tires or street radials that will never get enough traction to put any significant load on the driveshaft. Our conservative rule of thumb is this: If your engine is producing over 600 HP at the crank and/or your running drag slicks of any type this driveshaft may not be for you. Contact us if you have any questions.
Q: Are your driveshafts high-speed balanced?
A: Yes, they are high speed balanced with the latest equipment available. We guarantee our driveshafts will perform vibration free or your money back.
Q: How do you protect against rust?
A: Rust can be an issue depending on your climate and on how you use your car. There are only a few options, rust prevention oils, clear coat paints or some of the new specialty products. Click here to see more info on all the options.
Q: I drive my car less than 1000 miles a year. What U-Joint should I choose?
A: We would suggest our reproduction factory zerkless u-joints because they look and perform like the factory originals. They won't need to be serviced for 10+ years even if you average 1000 miles per year. If you plan to put some serious miles on your car, never have the underside judged and want to easily grease your u-joints we would suggest the service u-joints.
Q: The transmission slip yoke you show is shorter than my original slip yoke, why?
A: Yes, the new OE supplied service slip yoke has a shorter barrel length compared to the production slip yokes. The spline length stayed exactly the same (5") as the factory original slip yoke so the shorter service slip yoke will fit and perform just like production originals, guaranteed.
Q: My car originally came with a tapered 3.5" to 3" driveshaft will you build a custom driveshaft with the same tapered tubing?
A: Sorry, no. We cannot source tapered tubing anymore so we use 3" tubing thats thicker than the factory tubing to achieve the same strength a 3.5' tube offers. We have built driveshafts this way since 2005 and have never had any problems. If the driveshaft center to center dimension ends up being over 60" we will suggest using 3.5 tubing (extra cost).
Q: Still have questions?
A: Contact us and we'll answer them all.
- Transmission slip yoke splines: 28 or 31
- Transmission slip yoke u-joint: 1310,1330,1350 series
- Rear tube yoke u-joint: 1310,1330,1350 series
- Tube yokes: 1310,1330,1350 series
- Tubing: ERW 2.75, 3, 3.5" outside diameter .083" wall thickness