Model: Mustang, Shelby, Cougar, Ford, Mercury
Ford Service #: C7SZ-4841-A
Supplier: OE made is USA
U-Joint Size: 1330 3 5/8" (3.625) inches wide
U-Joint Cup Diameter: 1.0625"
Power Rated: <600 HP*
Common Service Applications:
- 1967-1969 390 4V Automatic
- 1966-67 427 Ford Fairlane
- 1967-1970 Shelby GT500 4spd & Automatic
- 1968-1969 428 CJ & SCJ 4spd & Automatic
- 1969-70 Boss 429
- 1970-73 Torino 429, 429 S/CJ 4spd & Automatic
- 1974-76 Torino 400, 460 Automatic
- 1969-72 Australian Ford Falcon XY XW 5.8L 4spd
- Driveshafts that use 1330 series u-joints
- 1967-71 Ford top loader 4-speed with 31 spline output shaft
- 1967-76 C6 Automatic
This is a new OE American made slip yoke for most Ford production passenger cars with 31 spline transmission output shafts and 1330 u-joints. We use this slip yoke for all our reproduction driveshafts since it's the closest match to the production originals.
Q: This slip yoke has a shorter barrel than my original slip yoke, is the spline length different?
A: No, the spline engagement length is exactly the same as the longer earlier versions.
Q: Will the tail-shaft bushing still be engaged even though the barrel is shorter than my original?
A: Yes, it just long enough to fully engage the bushing.
Q: How much horse power and torque can this slip yoke handle?
A: That dependent on a many factors. Tire size, tire type and rear axle ratio are the big factors. We rate this slip yoke for 600 HP for street cars with radial tires. If you have over 600HP and have sticky drag tires this might not be the right slip yoke for your car. Call us and we'll discuss your needs.